INFORMATION ABOUT MATERIALS
Some information listed below is grounded on our raw materials suppliers’ data. The most important information regarding the product management and the users’ security and health can be found in the Material Safety Data Sheet.
All the MSDS and certifications are stored in the headquarter of HSL srl, owner of the brand .bijouets. It is possible to verify some characteristics of the raw materials writing to the email address email@example.com
The products of the .bijouets collection use the raw materials listed below:
- RAW MATERIALS FOR MANUFACTURE (main features and use)
Raw materials for manufacture: PA 2200 which is a Pa12 polyamide reused powder.
ISO testing (CE Directives) – In vitro Cytotoxicity Assay: under the given conditions no leachable materials were released in cytotoxic concentrations from the test item. Irritation Test (Intracutaneous Reactivity): the Primary Irritation Index (PN) for the nonpolar test item extract and the nonpolar reagent control was 0. Test for Sensitization (Local Lymph Node Assay – LLNA): the test item PA 2200 reused powder causes no reactions identified as sensitization, as the Stimulation index was below 3.0 for each concentration tested.
USP (United States Pharmacopoeia) Biological Test – In the Systemic Injection Test no significant clinical signs were observed. The average score in the Intracutaneous Reactivity Test was 0. In the Implantation Test no compoundrelated tissue reactions were found. Considering the reported data the test item PA 2200 powder meets the requirements of USP Plastic Class VI.
· FOOD COMPATIBILITY:
DIRECTIVE 2002/72/EC Plastic Materials and Articles intended to come into Contact with Foodstuffs: the raw material, used in this specific manufacturing process, is in compliance with the EU directive 2002/72/EC, called “Plastic directive”, in regards to the material employment with all kind of food (with the exception of hard liquors); California Proposition 65 – Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986: none of the ingredients is listed (see MSDS chapter 15).
· The raw material is free from sulfur, halogens, natural rubber, polyvinyl chloride, halogenated hydrocarbons, harmful substances indicated in the EU directive 2005/84/EC, lasting organic pollutants, substances of animal, vegetable and GMO origin, with the exception of unimportant impurities;
· REACH (pre)-registration – REGULATION (EC) No 1907/2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH): The raw material fully satisfies the requirements of the European Chemicals Regulation (REACH) in the field of monitoring and control of the chemical substances hazards and risks.
· Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) – REGULATION (EC) No 1907/2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) – PA 2200 fully complies with the requirements of the European Chemicals Regulation (REACH).
- RAW MATERIALS FOR SURFACE TREATMENTS (main features and use)
· Colorants: the pigments used for the coloring are absolutely not dangerous or toxic.
· Dangerous breakdown products hadn’t come to light.
· The products are not subject to labelling, according to the CEE directive 1907/2006.
- ACCESSORY RAW MATERIALS (main features and use)
Metal components skin contact: all the products components, that comes into contact with the skin, have been realized using hypoallergenic materials.
- MECHANICAL PERFORMANCE
Mechanical strength: the technology used could be prone to unpredictable variation of the operating parameters; it could happen that some products don’t have the desired mechanical features. For this reason, HSL srl subjects some sample products to validation tests.
Nevertheless, not all the layouts can be rigorously tested: should the customer finds out any suspected break, HSL srl could replace the product with a similar one, after any technical checks through pictures or going-overs of the flawed product.
HSL srl herewith declares that:
· Pa12 polyamide is a completely recyclable material;
· HSL srl recycles all the Pa12 polyamide waste and scraps that are not reusable for technical reasons;
· HSL srl disposes of the coloring waste in compliance with the current regulations, bestowing the disposal on certificated and approved companies.